Sunday 6 February 2011

Inspiration for scarves & design sketch




My next product is scarves .Thinking to promote colourful material, my initial thought was "Tulsi Tree".It is a holy tree among Hindus .People have this tree in their houses and temples for worship. As old it is , it becomes more popular in surrounding people. (that's what we want for one product to grow and become popular among customers ) people bind colourful thread and fabrics for their wishes . I reverse this idea , to make scarves customers wish , i will use a tree as my design display . 


During research, I find an other tree quite similar to Tulsi tree which is Wish tree . I read about it and story behind it is quite inspirational as well which I am sharing here.
"A wish tree is an individual tree, usually distinguished by species, position or appearance, which is used as an object of wishes and offerings. Such trees are identified as possessing a special religious or spiritual value. By tradition, believers make votiveofferings in order to gain from that nature spirit, saint or goddess fulfillment of a wish."
Our next challenge is to think how we could make a tree using corrugated card?
iram
Design sketch

 

No comments:

Post a Comment